As a professional fitness instructor, I’m always looking forward to trying out the latest muscle massage gun. In this post, I share my Ekrin B37 Massage Gun review, why I decided to go with this brand and my final recommendations.
Ekrin Athletics B37 percussion massager features ultra-quiet technology, ergonomic design, up to 56 lbs of force, 8-hour battery life, and more. But how does it compare (Ekrin B37 vs Theragun) to the bigger brands in this space?
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) on qualifying purchases which allow me to keep creating amazing free content for you. Support FitFab50 by using the links in my articles to shop. Thank you!
With literally thousands of massage guns on the market, ranging anywhere from $40 to over $500 in price, how do you decide on the best massage gun to buy?
Let’s get started!
$41.99 – Shop this product
Ekrin Athletics was founded in 2019 by former collegiate athletes who were looking to share their know-how and experience about fitness and staying healthy.
Ekrin Athletics is based out of Boston, MA, and is “focused on improving athletic performance through muscle recovery and injury prevention”.
As a former college athlete myself and still physically active, I can appreciate the dedication the owners have to promoting healthy, active lifestyles.
In researching their massage gun, I had a few questions about the product which were promptly answered. Customer service is a big issue for me.
Unpacking The Erkin B37
After researching the Erkin B37, I was excited to see if it was as good as advertised. When the package arrived a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised to see this massage gun kit was neatly contained in a carrying case. I have received plenty of massage guns without cases, so again, Erkin started off in the right direction for me.
The massage gun was nicely packaged within a traveling case with accessories and a charging cord.
- Travel case
- Ekrin B37
- Charging cord
- (4) attachments – Fork, Bullet, Flat, Round
- B37 Percussion Massager User’s Manual
Design, Specs, and Features
When I grabbed the massage gun from the case, I was really impressed with the balance and feel. The gun design had heft but in a good way. It felt solid without being overweight.
One of my concerns with purchasing a massage gun is it has to be user-friendly for my entire family. So ergonomics, weight, and control are very important to me.
✔ Ergonomics, Weight, and Balance
Based on price point, this model falls in the prosumer range. With that in mind, I was curious about the Ekrin B37 vs Theragun comparisons. Before I discuss the comparison data, here are the Erkin B37 specs.
|Stall Force||56 lbs|
|Noise||35 – 55 dB|
|Battery life||8 hrs|
|Speed range||1400 – 3200 ppm|
|# of speeds||5|
|# of attachments||4|
|Price||Amazon | Order Direct from Ekrin (use code FF20 and save 20%)|
In reviewing the specifications, I was impressed with how well this product compared to higher-priced models. In particular, these numbers really stood out for me:
- Battery life
- Noise level
- Stall force
In regards to features, the Erkin B37 comes with (4) attachments – Fork, Bullet, Flat, and Round. Unless you are a physical therapist, these are the best massage attachments you will use for the majority of your massage treatments.
After giving the massage gun time to charge, I was ready to give it a field test.
It takes 4 hours to fully charge the Lithium-ion 2550mAh battery for the Erkin B37. The charge cord plugs into the base of the handle.
Once you have charged your massage gun, the power on/off switch and speed gauge are located on the top of the handle.
If you look at the photo above, the speed control lights (1-5) are across the top and it is currently running on speed 2.
Also in the photo above, the battery charge indicator lights are on the button. There are (4) different indicators that can be displayed.
- 4 lights – 100% full power
- 3 lights – 65% – 80% of power
- 2 lights – 40% – 60% of power
- 1 light – less power, please charge asap
✖ The battery can be charged at any time and at any battery level. But the machine cannot be turned on when charging.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF switch for more than 3 seconds to turn the device to the level 1 speed. Each press of the button will increase one level until reaching the level 5 speed. Press the button at level 5 to enter the standby mode (level 0), level 5 to level 0. Press again to turn the device to level 1, and so on.
- Under any speed level, press and hold to close the device.
- In the standby state, press and hold to directly shut down the device. Device without 15 seconds of operation will automatically shut down.
- The device will stop running after 10 minutes of continuous use for intelligent protection. Restart if you use it again after the device shuts down.
Maintenance, Cleaning, Storage, and Transportation
- Use a slightly damp towel to clean the device and dry it with a soft cloth.
- For storage or traveling, put the device in the supplied portable case.
- Store the device in a dry, well-ventilated place with no corrosive gas.
- If the device is not used for a long time, it should be cleaned, packaged, and stored. The device should be charged every six months.
- The device is suitable for automobile, train, ship, and airplane transportation.
- The device should be well secured when it is in transit to prevent violent vibration, collision, tumbling, and falling. It should be put upward and down gently and avoid exposure to rain
If your only exposure to muscle massage is via the use of a hand massager, be sure to proceed with caution.
✔ The Erkin B37 packs quite a punch!
Take some time to acclimate yourself to the speed, amplitude, and impact this device provides at the lowest level, before stepping up to the next level.
I have used several massage guns in the past, but I was very impressed with this device. For this review, I cycled thru to level 3 after a recent workout and that was more than enough for me.
For my test, I used the flat and round head attachments and they provided excellent muscle massaging.
I personally can’t imagine using power levels 4 or 5, but it is nice to know that power is there if needed.
Several other of my family members were anxious to try the massager. Again, their reactions were the same. Great massager, with incredible power.
Besides the power, let me talk about the noise specs for this device. I was more than impressed with the low noise level. Even when tested at the highest level, I was pleasantly shocked by the overall noise performance.
As provided by Erkin, the motor on the B37 Percussion Massager is brushless. Also, here are the decibel ratings at each speed:
Speed 1 – 48.5db
Speed 2 – 49.7db
Speed 3 – 50.7db
Speed 4 – 52.2db
Speed 5 – 54.7db
To give more context to these and other specs, I compared them against top massage guns on the market.
Erkin B37 vs Theragun – By The Numbers
|EKRIN B37||Theragun Pro||Theragun Elite||Theragun Prime|
|Weight||2.2 lbs||2.9 lbs||2.2 lbs||2.2 lbs|
|Stall Force||56 lbs||60 lbs||40 lbs||30 lbs|
|Amplitude||12mm||16mm||16 mm||16 mm|
|Noise||35 – 55 dB||64-71 dB||~65-68 dB||65-69 dB|
|Battery life||8 hrs||150 min.||120 min||120 min|
|Speed range||1400 – 3200 PPM||1750-2400 PPM||1750-2400 PPM||1750-2400 PPM|
|# of speeds||5||5||5||5|
|# of attachments||4||6||5||4|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
I will let you come to your own conclusions with these comparisons. But the numbers speak for themselves. Prices are another big factor to consider when trying to purchase your massage gun.
- Love the fit and feel of this device. The rubberized handle offers a secure grip
- The travel case is a nice feature not typically seen in this category of massagers
- Comes with (4) of the most common attachments you will need
- The specifications of this device compare and in some cases exceed those of top-rated massage guns in the field
- The price of the device makes this a great value
- Lifetime warranty
- Erkin Athletics is a Boston, MA company with excellent customer
- Lack of swappable batteries. This is not an issue for 99% of users, since the 8-hour battery life is quite adequate.
Overall, the Erkin B37 provides an excellent value when reviewing the specs, features, and cost, as compared to other massage guns in this space. Whether you experience muscle soreness, tightness, and pain from day-to-day life, or you’re a serious athlete seeking pre-workout and post-workout recovery, the Erkin B37 is an excellent choice for each use case.
This device comes complete with a carrying case, massage gun, attachment, and charger. Everything you need to get instant pain relief and muscle recovery at a great price!
Disclaimer – The sample of this product was provided by ErkinAthletics for me to a conduct field test.
If you enjoyed, “Ekrin B37 Massage Gun Review“, be sure to check out my other related posts below!
Last update on 2022-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API