It’s important to look after the sensitive skin around your eyes. We have put together several products for those of you looking at how to soothe irritated skin around eyes.
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a commission for a qualifying purchase
The eyelid is quite unique, as the skin is thinner than the rest of the skin on the body. In addition, it lacks the fat which cushions the rest of the body’s skin. As a result, your eyelids are more susceptible to irritants and skin conditions.
- Soothes dry skin and visible signs of irritation
- Skin is visibly smoother and nourished
- Rich, nourishing texture that's non oily and non sticky
How to soothe irritated skin around eyes starts with finding the cause.
What causes irritated skin around the eyes?
There are a number of causes of dry or irritated skin around the eyes or on the eyelids, including:
- Low humidity
- The natural aging process
- Exposure to irritants or harsh chemicals
Besides the factors just mentioned, there are other conditions that can vary in severity causing dry eyelids, such as; contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, and blepharitis.
What are the best products to treat irritated skin around the eyes?
- Origins Eye Doctor Moisture Care For Skin Around Eyes - 15ml/0.5oz
- Support for Skin Blemishes, Irritated Eyes, and Itchy, Inflamed Skin Conditions - Tea Tree oil removes contaminants and prevents reproduction of demodex eyelash mites. For use anywhere that you have skin, this natural soap is one of the natural skin care remedies.
- Organic, 100% Vegan, 100% All-Natural Support for your Skin - Organic green tea, Organic olive oil, Organic coconut oil, Raw shea butter, and Tea tree essential oil. That's it!
- Easy to Use - Wet your face and hands with lukewarm water. Lather soap in hands. Massage lather onto skin and onto closed eyelids with a gentle, circular motion. Rinse and pat dry with a soft towel. Repeat every morning and evening for best results.
- It's Like Getting One Free With Our 3-PACK | 3-5 OZ Bars Handmade with Love...Our ingredients are sourced locally and made in Newberry, South Carolina by hand. Our cold processed method maintains the integrity of the superior ingredients and provides a long lasting bar.
- How we are Different - We believe that everyone deserves great vision, so for every product sold, we give a portion of the profits to someone in need of eye care. This is on top of our 100% satisfaction guarantee. JOIN THE MISSION!
- EXTRA HYDRATING UNDER EYE CREAM: Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Rosehip Seed Oil to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness around the delicate eye area.
- ENRICHED WITH DEAD SEA SALT MINERALS AND PLANT EXTRACTS like Organic Blueberry Fruit Extract, Organic Cranberry Fruit Extract and Organic Rosemary Leaf Extract. Keeps skin moisturized and increases hydration.
- GOES ON SMOOTH AND ABSORBS QUICKLY: leaving skin hydrated and soft. Our eye moisturizer can be used under the eye and on the eyelids; creating total eye hydration.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: Our Hydrating Eye Cream is gentle enough to use on dry, combination, mature and sensitive skin.
- RISK FREE. Try our Hydrating Eye Cream at no risk. If, for any reason, you are not happy with your order contact us within 30 days of purchase and we will either replace the product or send you a refund.
- Cleaner Eyelids Help Soothe Irritated Eyes and Itchy, Dry, Inflamed Skin Conditions - For use anywhere that you have skin, this natural, organic formula cleans your eyelids which helps when experiencing itchy eyelids, irritated eyes, dry skin and other skin irritations.
- How We Are Different - We believe that everyone deserves great vision, so for every product sold, we give a portion of the profits to someone in need of eye care. This is on top of our 100% satisfaction guarantee. JOIN THE MISSION!
- 100% Organic, 100% Vegan, 100% All-Natural Support For Your Skin - Alcohol free, fragrance free, no parabens, no sulfates, and preservative free. This hypoallergenic Hypochlorous Acid formula is designed to be gentle on your skin.
- Easy Eyelid Application Instructions and Fast Onset of Action - Simply clean the area of any debris or makeup and spray with the solution. Gently rub in (or just let it dry... NO NEED TO RINSE OR REMOVE!) Repeat morning and evening for best results. This formula can also be used anywhere on the body, following the general steps above. Fast onset of action starts working within minutes.
- Good for All Ages. Best if used twice a day as maintenance. NOTE: This product is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease.
- Firming & Soothing: Best anti-aging blend available in the market which contains Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, Matrixyl 3000, Peptides, Witch Hazel, Rosehip oil and many other natural & organic ingredients. Eye cream hydrates & nourishes tired eyes for a wide-awake refreshed look.
- Skin Nourishing: Super Antiaging Eye Cream has been formulated specifically for the thinner and most sensitive skin around the eyes which helps to Reduce Wrinkle, signs of Aging, Crows feet, eye under Bag and Fine Lines. This firming eye cream instantly makes your eyes look more Rested, Radiant and Vibrant.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: You can use this cream in the Morning for skin Protection and Collagen support all day long and use it in the Night before going to bed for skin Nourishment. Light enough to be used under makeup. Ideal for all Skin types.
- Made in USA: Product is not tested on animals (cruelty free) and our product is also Paraben free, Sulphate free, Gluten free and Fragrance free. Formulated in FDA compliant facility and bottled in the USA.
What is contact dermatitis?
Contact dermatitis is a condition that occurs when your skin comes into contact with an irritant. As a result, your skin may become dry, red, irritated, and flaky skin.
- Identify and avoid contact – Identity the cause of the contact dermatitis and avoid contact with it
- Moisturizers – when applied directly to the skin, emollients reduce water loss and moisturize the skin
- Topical corticosteroids – For more severe skin conditions, your dermatologist may treat red or sore skin with a topical corticosteroid to quickly reduce the inflammation.
What is atopic dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that can cause scaling on your skin as well as making it itchy, red, and even crack.
This condition is quite common among young children. The condition can be hereditary or caused by environmental factors. While atopic dermatitis is a chronic condition, flare-ups can be treated with a variety of topical treatments.
- Moisturizers– Daily use is advised to avoid the skin becoming dry
- Topical corticosteroids – Topical creams can reduce swelling and redness
- Antihistamines – For severe itching, antihistamines are often prescribed
What is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis is a skin condition that occurs on the eyelid and can be caused by bacteria. Blepharitis affects your eyelashes or the inner edge of the eye. Blepharitis can cause symptoms such as irritation, redness, burning, and watery eyes.
- Proper eyelid hygiene – It’s essential to cleanse your eyelids every day
- Warm washcloth – Gently place a warm cloth over the eyes for around 10 minutes
- Antibiotic drops and ointments – For more serious conditions, you may be prescribed a course of antibiotic ointments, creams, or eye drops.