It’s important to look after the sensitive skin around your eyes. We have put together several products for those of you looking at how to soothe irritated skin around eyes.
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a commission for a qualifying purchase
The eyelid is quite unique, as the skin is thinner than the rest of the skin on the body. In addition, it lacks the fat which cushions the rest of the body’s skin. As a result, your eyelids are more susceptible to irritants and skin conditions.
- This multi-purpose soothing cream for cracked, chapped, chafed skin and dry skin irritations helps to hydrate and soothe.
- Non-greasy, skin protectant and healing ointment helps to protect & relieve dry, rough skin. Hydrating therapeutic cream protects chafed skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness, while helping to treat & prevent diaper rash.
- Suitable for adults, children and babies 1 week and up. Safe for babies.
How to soothe irritated skin around eyes starts with finding the cause.
What causes irritated skin around the eyes?
There are a number of causes of dry or irritated skin around the eyes or on the eyelids, including:
- Low humidity
- The natural aging process
- Exposure to irritants or harsh chemicals
Besides the factors just mentioned, there are other conditions that can vary in severity causing dry eyelids, such as; contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, and blepharitis.
What are the best products to treat irritated skin around the eyes?
- CETAPHIL HYDRATING EYE GEL-CREAM: Gently hydrates the delicate skin around the eye
- IMMEDIATE AND INTENSE HYDRATION: Hyaluronic acid provides instant hydration lasting 24 hours
- UNIQYUE GEL-CREAM FORMULA: Lightweight formula absorbs quickly and moisturizes deeply
- ANTI AGING FACE SERUM - Vitamin C blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Jojoba Oil in an anti aging, skin brightening formula designed to improve wrinkles and dark spots
- OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW BEST - Don't just take our word for it, see thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers rave about brighter, fresher looking skin
- PLANT-BASED FORMULATION - No added synthetic colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or GMOs. Our active botanicals combine in a silky smooth anti-aging serum that can be used day or night.
- TRAVEL SIZE PACKS- Stash these on your carry-on. It's small, light and easy
- DE-PUFF & LIGHTEN- Gets rid of the puffiness & traces of dark colors under your eyes.
- SAVE TIME- Carry on with your face skincare daily routine & errands without being bothered for trying to look good.
- Eye Drops for Red Eyes: LUMIFY significantly reduces redness to help reveal your eyes' natural radiance. From the eye care experts at Bausch and Lomb, LUMIFY works in 1 minute and lasts up to 8 hours
- LUMIFY is different: The only OTC drop to contain brimonidine. It selectively targets redness, alleviating some potential side effects associated with other redness relief drops, when used as directed
- LUMIFY contains no bleach or dyes. It’s the Number 1 Eye Doctor recommended redness reliever (data on file)
- [ UNDER EYE CREAM ] Helps reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness in the under eye area. Brightening cream with a non-greasy finish that leaves under eyes looking hydrated, smooth, brightened, and more awake.
- [ HYDRATING INGREDIENTS ] Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's moisture and Niacinamide to help soothe skin. With CeraVe's patented MVE ingredient-delivery technology to continually release ingredients and provide lasting hydration.
- [ LIGHTWEIGHT TEXTURE ] Apply pea-sized amount to ring fingers and gently pat around the eye area and brow bone, both AM and PM. Fast-absorbing formula can be worn alone or under makeup.
What is contact dermatitis?
Contact dermatitis is a condition that occurs when your skin comes into contact with an irritant. As a result, your skin may become dry, red, irritated, and flaky skin.
- Identify and avoid contact – Identity the cause of the contact dermatitis and avoid contact with it
- Moisturizers – when applied directly to the skin, emollients reduce water loss and moisturize the skin
- Topical corticosteroids – For more severe skin conditions, your dermatologist may treat red or sore skin with a topical corticosteroid to quickly reduce the inflammation.
What is atopic dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that can cause scaling on your skin as well as making it itchy, red, and even crack.
This condition is quite common among young children. The condition can be hereditary or caused by environmental factors. While atopic dermatitis is a chronic condition, flare-ups can be treated with a variety of topical treatments.
- Moisturizers– Daily use is advised to avoid the skin becoming dry
- Topical corticosteroids – Topical creams can reduce swelling and redness
- Antihistamines – For severe itching, antihistamines are often prescribed
What is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis is a skin condition that occurs on the eyelid and can be caused by bacteria. Blepharitis affects your eyelashes or the inner edge of the eye. Blepharitis can cause symptoms such as irritation, redness, burning, and watery eyes.
- Proper eyelid hygiene – It’s essential to cleanse your eyelids every day
- Warm washcloth – Gently place a warm cloth over the eyes for around 10 minutes
- Antibiotic drops and ointments – For more serious conditions, you may be prescribed a course of antibiotic ointments, creams, or eye drops.
Claudia Faucher is a full-time fitness and lifestyle blogger. She is also been a certified Les Mills BodyPump instructor for the past 5 years and a fitness instructor for over 20 years. She likes to use her skills and experiences to help others on their fitness journeys.
Last update on 2022-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API