It’s important to look after the sensitive skin around your eyes. We have put together several products for those of you looking at how to soothe irritated skin around eyes.
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a commission for a qualifying purchase
The eyelid is quite unique, as the skin is thinner than the rest of the skin on the body. In addition, it lacks the fat which cushions the rest of the body’s skin. As a result, your eyelids are more susceptible to irritants and skin conditions.
- Soothes dry skin and visible signs of irritation
- Skin is visibly smoother and nourished
- Rich, nourishing texture that's non oily and non sticky
How to soothe irritated skin around eyes starts with finding the cause.
What causes irritated skin around the eyes?
There are a number of causes of dry or irritated skin around the eyes or on the eyelids, including:
- Low humidity
- The natural aging process
- Exposure to irritants or harsh chemicals
Besides the factors just mentioned, there are other conditions that can vary in severity causing dry eyelids, such as; contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, and blepharitis.
What are the best products to treat irritated skin around the eyes?
- CETAPHIL HYDRATING EYE GEL-CREAM FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: Gently hydrates the delicate skin around the eye
- IMMEDIATE AND INTENSE HYDRATION: Hyaluronic acid provides instant hydration lasting 24 hours
- UNIQUE GEL-CREAM FORMULA: Lightweight formula absorbs quickly and moisturizes deeply
- NON-IRRITATING AND HYPOALLERGENIC: Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- [ RESTORE & REPAIR ] Reduces the look of dark circles and puffiness while restoring and repairing the delicate skin barrier around your eyes with marine & botanical complex for brighter, smoother, healthier looking eyes
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6 II) that help restore and maintain its natural protective barrier
- [ PATENTED TECHNOLOGY ] Utilizes patented MVE controlled release technology to help replenish ceramides and deliver long lasting moisturization
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
- [ OPHTHALMOLOGIST TESTED ] Recognized as safe for use around the eye area
- CLEARER, HEALTHIER EYES START HERE - Avenova Spray is proven to gently removes eyelid and eyelash bacteria without drying the sensitive skin around your eyes. Recommended to use twice daily during your morning and evening routine.
- PURE RELIEF – Avenova eyelid and eyelash cleanser spray is FDA-cleared and clinically proven to be the most effective lid and lash cleanser available without a prescription. It kills bacteria, treats styes and relieves chronic eye conditions like dry eye, blepharitis, chalazion and contact lens intolerance.
- FORMULATED FOR YOU, FROM YOU - Our patented eye care solution, made in the USA, contains 0.01% hypochlorous acid, which your body naturally produces to fight toxins and inflammation, and no harsh bleach or detergents while the glass bottle prevents plastic leaching.
- SAFE FOR DAILY USE - Avenova is safe for people of all ages to incorporate into their daily routine. Apply in the morning and before bed, or anytime you experience dry or itchy eyes, such as after the gym, in the office, or on the go. Avenova contains only clean ingredients and is packaged in an environmentally-friendly glass bottle.
- EASY TO USE - Use the pump to mist onto closed eyelids and let dry or spray onto NovaWipes or cotton round and gently wipe eyelids and lashes. Each bottle contains 250 sprays, which should be used within 28 days of opening for optimal potency.