This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Let’s face it, those pink-white skin lines can be quite annoying. Good news! We’re here to introduce you to some of the best products to remove stretch marks currently available.
So, what actually causes stretch marks?
Simply put, stretch marks are fine lines on the body that occur from tissue under your skin tearing from rapid growth or over-stretching.
On a positive note…
Stretch marks are a common condition that does not cause any significant medical problems but can be of cosmetic concern for some people.
#1 Doctor & Pharmacist Recommended Brand for Scars
- Clinically shown to improve the overall appearance, color, and texture of scars
- The ONLY 1x daily topical gel making it one of the most cost effective products available
- Works for many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries
- From Mederma – the #1 Scar Care brand
Here are some other names for stretch marks you may see:
- Stria (single) or striae (plural) — the original meaning for stria was a furrow or long line
- Adolescent striae (stretch marks associated with adolescents)
- Physiological striae (these are not associated with any underlying condition)
- Pathological striae (which are due to an underlying disease or condition)
- Striae rubrae (which appear as red)
- Striae albae (white appear as white)
- Striae atrophicae (related to thinned skin)
- Striae gravidarum (typically following pregnancy)
- Striae distensae (as a result of stretched skin)
Research on stretch marks has shown we’re more likely to experience stretch marks when our skin is dry or stretching quickly. This can come from a number of events, but typically from rapid weight gain or during pregnancy.
Some of the best ways to prevent stretch marks are adequate hydration, maintaining a healthy and consistent body weight, and eating a diet rich in vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and zinc.
Bio-Oil Skincare Oil, Body Oil for Scars and Stretch Marks
- IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF ACNE SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS – Clinically proven and dermatologist recommended to help repair skin damage and scars from pregnancy, surgery, injury, acne, C-section, aging, and more.
- CAREFULLY FORMULATED, NATURAL BODY OIL – Vitamin A Oil and Vitamin E Oil for skin help maintain healthy looking skin while natural Chamomile Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Lavender Oil calm, soothe, and cleanse damaged skin and with anti-inflammatory protection.
- LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL MOISTURE WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES – Uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain essential moisture in cuticles and nails.
- HELPS SMOOTH UNEVEN SKIN TONES – Works naturally with the texture and rhythm of your skin to help improve the appearance of your uneven skin tones.
- FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – Keep Bio-Oil Skincare Oil on-hand to ensure the whole household is covered. Helps soften skin and repairs damage for all types, tones, textures, and areas of your skin.
Are pregnant women the only people that need to be worried about stretch marks?
While pregnant women often experience stretch marks due to weight gain and stretching of the skin, stretch marks are very common in men and women.
It is estimated (Mayo Clinic) that close to 70% of adolescent girls and 40% of boys. They occur in areas of the body where the skin is subjected to regular and progressive stretching. These include:
- Abdomen and breast in pregnant women
- Adolescents undergoing growth spurts (thighs, buttocks, breasts)
- Shoulders in body-builders
- Obese or overweight people
What are the best products to remove stretch marks? Any suggestions for a good cream or oil?
Trying to get rid of stubborn stretch marks, and nothing seems to work? The best creams for stretch marks are formulated with an optimal blend of peptides, nourishing plant butters, and nutrient-rich botanical oils.
Whether a result of pregnancy, weight gain, or an unexpected growth spurt, stretch marks are unwelcome, unsightly, and often hard to treat.
When shopping for the best stretch mark cream to make the appearance of red, white, and purplish marks disappear, look for one that deeply conditions and hydrates the skin.
Many to the top stretch mark creams also include a blend of peptides containing palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, and palmitoyl tripeptide-5. They help to support elasticity and protect the skin
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream | Body and Face Moisturizer
- [ HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZER ] With hyaluronic acid, ceramides and MVE technology for 24 hour hydration. Rich, velvety texture that leaves skin feeling smooth, it is absorbed quickly for softened skin without greasy, sticky, feel.
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DRY SKIN RELIEF ] A deficiency of ceramides in skin can often be associated with dry skin, which can feel itchy and look flaky. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was shown to increase the skin’s level of ceramides after 4 weeks.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- [ GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER ] For face and body or can be used as a hand cream for dry skin relief. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, paraben free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic.
You may also be interested in these articles: