How can I get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks! There can appear on any part of your body, but are most common on the neck, arms, backs, and yes, the butt. This article will discuss the causes of stretch marks and how to get rid of them once and for all.
So exactly what are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are the term used for a cosmetic or skin problem, where lines or streaks are present on the body on areas like the belly, thighs, buttocks, and upper arms.
Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin with a whitish hue that appears when your skin stretches or shrinks quickly.
Our bodies contain collagen, which is a protein underneath your skin that makes the skin more elastic.
The skin tries to heal any sudden change in the skin collagen, and as a result, stretch marks may appear on your skin.
Are stretch marks dangerous? Stretch marks appear as lines but are not painful or dangerous. Many people do not like the appearance, but they become less noticeable over time.
When stretch marks first appear, they tend to be pinkish in color, but later fade to off-white or grey color.
Who is at risk for stretch marks? Normally women are at a higher risk of getting stretch marks than men, but men too do get stretch marks. Teenagers get stretch marks as well when they enter puberty.
Body-builders are also at risk of having stretch marks, especially steroid users, since their bodies grow at a faster rate, thus stretching the skin.
Why do they appear?
While anyone can develop stretch marks, stretch marks appear primarily due to the following reasons:
- Being female
- Pregnancy (especially later in the pregnancy)
- Rapid excessive weight gain
- Rapid loss of weight
- Puberty (boys and girls)
- After breast enhancement surgery
- Certain diseases or conditions which impacts your skins elasticity
What can I do to keep from getting stretch marks?
While you may try to prevent stretch marks, but there is no guarantee.
The best way to prevent stretch marks is to maintain a healthy weight, even during pregnancy.
Developing a moderate exercise regime and a healthy diet plan is the best way to reduce your chances of getting stretch marks.
Researchers say many remedies such as almond oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, and vitamin E do not help to prevent stretch marks but can improve the condition.
Using products containing the Centella Asiatica herb and hyaluronic acid may help you prevent stretch marks, but not completely.
Do stretch marks go away if you lose weight?
While stretch marks are not harmful, they can make some people feel anxious about the way they make their skin appear, affecting the day-to-day living.
In some cases, stretch marks may disappear on their own after weight loss.
But if your stretch marks do not fade in time, there isn’t really anything you can do on your own to completely remove them.
Good news! Some treatments can help minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
How can I permanently get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks naturally?
Here are some popular home remedies for stretch marks to try:
- Argan oil
- Vitamin E enriched Argan oil increases the elasticity of your skin. Simply rubbing it on the stretch marks might heal the broken tissues allowing marks to gradually fade.
- Lemon juice
- Lemon juice is known for its natural bleaching properties, however also it helps reduce the visibility effectively. Use fresh lemon juice daily or just apply a sliced lemon wedge on your marks to see results.
- Olive oil
- Packed with rich moisturising properties, olive oil is full of antioxidants and other nutrients known to be exceptionally good for repairing skin damage. Simply rub cold-pressed olive oil on stretch marks to help them fade over time.
- Castor oil
- Massage castor oil directly on the stretch marks for 15-20 minutes. After massaging, cover with cloth and apply heat. For best results, do this as often as you can for a month.
Which cream is the best to remove stretch marks on buttocks?
Regardless of when or how you got stretch marks, just know they are 100 percent totally and completely normal. Beautiful skin comes in all varieties.
But whether you choose to get rid of your stretch marks or just ignore them is totally up to you.
If you decide that your stretch marks have to go, just understand that you can’t erase them.
A stretch mark is the result of the collagen and elastin under the skin cell layer, tearing under your skin. As a result, stretch marks are the scar left from the damage.
While there is no one way to permanently and completely get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks, but we have a variety of different treatments that may make them look better.
One of the cheapest possible remedies?
When it comes to fading existing ones, look for one of the three ingredients that have the most data on improving or reducing the appearance of stretch marks, such as retinol (which resurfaces and strengthens skin), silicone (great for smoothing stretch marks), and finally, hyaluronic acid (to plump stretch mark lines).
Here are some of the best selling creams for stretch marks:
- This product combines Elastonyl, Collaxyl with naturally-derived ingredients shea butter, rosehip seed oil, and coco butter to give truly outstanding results.
- A second key ingredient in The Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream is the peptide Collaxyl ’s (hexapeptide-9) which has been experimentally shown to benefit skin repair.
- Stretch marks are caused by the breakdown of the underlying collagen network caused by stretching of the skin. One of Elastonyl’s * primary actions is to repair stretch marks by stimulating collagen production.
- Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream diminishes the appearance of stretch marks and scars which may occur on the abdomen, breasts, hips, buttock, and thighs.
- Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream fades the appearance of existing stretch marks and scars or reduces the appearance of new ones. The product is paraben-free and does not contain any animal derived ingredients to meet the latest important consumer demands.
- M3 Naturals Stretch Mark Cream! Collagen & Stem Cell Infused to help fade the appearance of scars and marks. Help repair skin damage and scars from pregnancy, surgery, injury, acne, C-section, aging, and more. Firm and moisturize with our favorite pregnancy must-have. *
- Designed for Every Skin Type! This lotion was formulated to deliver intense hydration and provide protection to help smooth rough skin or marks and provide your skin with relief. Designed for every skin type including sensitive skin, normal, and oily-prone skin. *
- Reduction & Prevention! Firm and moisturize your skin with a customized blend of high-quality and natural ingredients including Vitamin E, collagen, stem cells, green tea extract, plant protein, peptides, citrus extract, and raspberry ketones. We’re confident it’s an after-birth must-have for moms. *
- Target Problem Areas! Massage this onto potential problem areas like your stomach or thighs. Whether you're looking for prenatal, maternity care, working out at the gym, or just living your life, you can combat rough skin, stretch marks, and scars in a couple of minutes. This body cream will leave you with more confidence to take on the day. *
- Made in the USA! M3 Naturals is proud to provide men's and women's beauty products with the highest quality natural ingredients that are not only cruelty-free but made right here in the United States of America. *
- M3 Naturals Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil will help moisturize, tighten, tone and remove cellulite from your hips, abdomen, thighs, and buttocks. Super absorption and natural active ingredients mean that you can toss those chemical creams that absorb slowly and leave a residue. It’s finally time for something thin, lightweight, yet supremely effective!*
- Infused with Collagen and Stem Cell our cellulite cream will restore your beautiful skin by providing a boost in natural collagen production and increasing skin cell longevity. A truly powerful combination delivering unmatched anti-aging skin care results.*
- Naturally Fight Cellulite with our potent and nutrient-rich cellulite treatment that uses grapefruit, grapeseed, eucalyptus, and lemon citrus essential oils to release fatty acids into the bloodstream where your body breaks them down to fight unwanted fat cells and cellulite. Helping regenerate those areas of interest!*
- Firm, Tighten and Tone your skin with rich antioxidants, fatty acids and anti-inflammatory ingredients, the natural essential oils included in this blend are sure to be quickly absorbed by your skin and give you strong tightening, moisturizing and regenerating benefits.*
- Made in the USA: M3 Naturals is proud to provide men and women beauty products with the highest quality natural ingredients that are not only cruelty-free but made right here in the United States of America. *
- CLINICALLY PROVEN STRETCH MARK TREATMENT - Mommy Knows Best's cream has been clinically proven to help reduce the appearance and depth of stretch marks! The participants saw a visible reduction in the appearance and strechmarks, age spots, scars, blotches, & skin discoloration.
- RETINOL FREE PREGNANCY STRETCH MARK LOTION - Retinol causes irritation and dryness, so the body butter lotion is formulated without retinoids with high quality essential oils and vitamins to revitaliez the skin at the pore level.
- MAKES YOUR SKIN SOFTER & SMOOTHER - The cream helps tone and tighten your skin and belly, while also safely fading existing scars, dark marks and blemishes.
- ACTS AS A NATURAL REVITALIZING MOISTURIZING CREAM - The cream harnesses the power of premium ingredients to sink deep into your skin, leaving you with a smooth and supple feeling thanks to the Vitamin-E, Jojoba Oil, Coco, Shea and Mango butter and other proven natural ingredients.
- SAFE FOR EVERY TYPE OF SKIN & MADE IN THE US - We offer the best cream that is safe for use during and after postpartum pregnancy, but also works on oily, dry or combination skin if you aren't pregnant.
- Massage Cream For Stretch Marks: This cocoa butter massage cream helps visibly improve your skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of stretch marks due to pregnancy or other fluctuations in weight
- Special Formula: Made with Cocoa and Shea Butters to soften, smooth and plump skin, plus a blend of ingredients to improve hydration and support stretching skin in the tummy, hips, thighs, bust and more
- Finest Ingedients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated and beautiful hair and skin. We support sustainable production of Shea and Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil worldwide
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real high-quality, plant-based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's Skin Care: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, sun care, hair care and pregnancy and stretch mark care
- 💕STRECH MARK GONE CREAM: Stretch mark and scar removal cream is highly recommended by dermatologists worldwide as it has been clinically proven as #1 solution to minimize skin damage and scars from pregnancy, surgery, burns, injury, acne, C-section, aging, and cosmetic procedures.
- 💕NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Rich in natural ingredients formula penetrates deeply into your skin providing good hydration. Glycerin is effective in preventing dryness and fortifying and strengthening skin’s precious moisture barrier. Mango essential is an active antioxidant that exfoliates, purifies and tonifies your skin, ensuring anti-aging effect.
- 💕SAFE FOR YOUR SKIN: Hypoallergenic formula is made only of natural, organic and safe ingredients. That is why we crafted a lightweight and odorless formula free of parabens and any other harsh chemicals. Absolutely safe to use during pregnancy and post-pregnancy period.
- 💕ACTIVE FORMULA: Stretch mark and scar removal cream has a light texture that spreads easily and smoothly. It is quickly absorbed leaving no greasy film. The scar removal cream is designed to gently and effectively flatten and minimize both old and new scars by encouraging your damaged skin the production of collagen.Stretch marks remover cream for old stretch marks and new stretch marks.
- 💕A MUST-HAVE CREAM: Stretch mark and scar cream is crafted for all skin types, and intended for a long-lasting effect. It helps soften skin and repair all types of damage at any part of your body.Three boxes of a course of treatment.
- Doctor and pharmacist brand for scars
- Reduces overall appearance, color, and texture of old and new scars
- Works for many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries
Fighting stretch marks with lasers
With laser stretch mark removal, concentrated rays of light are directed at the stretch marks, stimulating new growth and smoothing the scars.
Laser treatments (also called skin resurfacing treatments), help your skin to heal and create a smoother texture. Laser treatments are slightly more successful on newer stretch marks.
There are currently two types of laser treatments: ablative and non-ablative.
CO2 and Erbium YAG are types of ablative lasers used for stretch marks treatment.
These lasers remove the outer layer of skin, leaving newer, smoother skin.
Laser treatments also trigger a production of collagen in your skin, which helps smooth out the raised scars of stretch marks.
CO2 is used for deeper scars while Erbium is for more surface stretch marks.
Fraxel laser is a non-ablative laser. It is a gentler laser that doesn’t remove the top layer of skin. Instead, it stimulates collagen and elastin production, promoting scars to heal and fade.
The Fraxel laser is an FDA-approved laser therapy designed for scars, acne marks, sun spots, leg veins, and stretch marks.
Fraxel laser is an FDA laser treatment that is a fractional laser, treating only a fraction of the skin at a time.
It works by making microscopic cuts in the skin, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, and stimulating new collagen production.
Fractional Co2 laser works best in treating the older white stretch mark scars.
This remarkable resurfacing laser works by heating the skin and smoothing out the skin and leaving behind new, fresh, skin cells.
Unfortunately, if you have darker skin, laser treatments are not recommended for the removal of stretch marks. Frequently, laser treatments on darker skin tones result in hyperpigmentation or dark spots on the skin.