How can I get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks? There can appear on any part of your body, but are most common on the neck, arms, back, and yes, the butt. This article will discuss the causes of stretch marks andhow to get rid of them once and for all.
I may earn a commission when you purchase through a link on this page.
So exactly what are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are the term used for a cosmetic or skin problem, where lines or streaks are present on the body on areas like the belly, thighs, buttocks, and upper arms.
Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin with a whitish hue that appears when your skin stretches or shrinks quickly.
Our bodies contain collagen, which is a protein underneath your skin that makes the skin more elastic.
The skin tries to heal any sudden change in the skin collagen, and as a result, stretch marks may appear on your skin.
Are stretch marks dangerous? Stretch marks appear as lines but are not painful or dangerous. Many people do not like the appearance, but they become less noticeable over time.
➥Read also… Best Cellulite Treatments
When stretch marks first appear, they tend to be pinkish in color, but later fade to off-white or grey color.
Who is at risk for stretch marks? Normally women are at a higher risk of getting stretch marks than men, but men too do get stretch marks. Teenagers get stretch marks as well when they enter puberty.
Body-builders are also at risk of having stretch marks, especially steroid users, since their bodies grow at a faster rate, thus stretching the skin.
➥Read also…Best Leggings To Hide Cellulite
Why do they appear?
While anyone can develop stretch marks, stretch marks appear primarily due to the following reasons:
- Being female
- Pregnancy (especially later in the pregnancy)
- Rapid excessive weight gain
- Rapid loss of weight
- Puberty (boys and girls)
- After breast enhancement surgery
- Certain diseases or conditions which impact your skin’s elasticity
➥Read also… Best white jeans for cellulite
What can I do to keep from getting stretch marks?
While you may try to prevent stretch marks, but there is no guarantee.
The best way to prevent stretch marks is to maintain a healthy weight, even during pregnancy.
Developing a moderate exercise regime and a healthy diet plan is the best way to reduce your chances of getting stretch marks.
Researchers say many remedies such as almond oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, and vitamin E do not help to prevent stretch marks but can improve the condition.
5 Easy Tips & Tricks That Will Help You Achieve
A Normal Skin Balance
Using products containing the Centella Asiatica herb and hyaluronic acid may help you prevent stretch marks, but not completely.
Do stretch marks go away if you lose weight?
While stretch marks are not harmful, they can make some people feel anxious about the way they make their skin appear, affecting their day-to-day living.
In some cases, stretch marks may disappear on their own after weight loss.
But if your stretch marks do not fade in time, there isn’t really anything you can do on your own to completely remove them.
Good news! Some treatments can help minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
How can I permanently get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks naturally?
Here are some popular home remedies for stretch marks to try:
- Argan oil
- Vitamin E enriched Argan oil increases the elasticity of your skin. Simply rubbing it on the stretch marks might heal the broken tissues allowing marks to gradually fade.
- Lemon juice
- Lemon juice is known for its natural bleaching properties, however, also it helps reduce visibility effectively. Use fresh lemon juice daily or just apply a sliced lemon wedge on your marks to see results.
- Olive oil
- Packed with rich moisturizing properties, olive oil is full of antioxidants and other nutrients are known to be exceptionally good for repairing skin damage. Simply rub cold-pressed olive oil on stretch marks to help them fade over time.
- Castor oil
- Massage castor oil directly on the stretch marks for 15-20 minutes. After massaging, cover with cloth and apply heat. For best results, do this as often as you can for a month.
Which cream is the best to remove stretch marks on the buttocks?
Regardless of when or how you got stretch marks, just know they are 100 percent totally and completely normal. Beautiful skin comes in all varieties.
But whether you choose to get rid of your stretch marks or just ignore them is totally up to you.
If you decide that your stretch marks have to go, just understand that you can’t erase them.
A stretch mark is the result of the collagen and elastin under the skin cell layer, tearing under your skin. As a result, stretch marks are the scar left from the damage.
While there is no one way to permanently and completely get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks, we have a variety of different treatments that may make them look better.
One of the cheapest possible remedies?
When it comes to fading existing ones, look for one of the three ingredients that have the most data on improving or reducing the appearance of stretch marks, such as retinol (which resurfaces and strengthens skin), silicone (great for smoothing stretch marks), and finally, hyaluronic acid (to plump stretch mark lines).
Here are some of the best-selling creams for stretch marks:
- This product combines Elastonyl, Collaxyl with naturally-derived ingredients shea butter, rosehip seed oil, and coco butter to give truly outstanding results.
- A second key ingredient in The Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream is the peptide Collaxyl ’s (hexapeptide-9) which has been experimentally shown to benefit skin repair.
- Stretch marks are caused by the breakdown of the underlying collagen network caused by stretching of the skin. One of Elastonyl’s * primary actions is to repair stretch marks by stimulating collagen production.
- INTENSIVE CREAM FORMULA bringing together Cepalin botanical extract, Hyaluronic Acid, and Centella Asiatica extract to visibly reduce stretch marks and hydrate skin.
- CLINICALLY SHOWN to improve appearance of stretch marks, hydrate the skin, enhance softness and improve texture.
- UNIQUE TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA penetrates beneath the surface of the skin to lock in moisture to help cell renewal and aid collagen formation.
- Massage Cream For Stretch Marks: This cocoa butter stretch mark cream helps visibly improve your skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of stretch marks due to pregnancy or other fluctuations in weight
- Special Formula: Made with Cocoa and Shea Butters to soften, smooth and plump skin, plus a blend of ingredients to improve hydration and support stretching skin in the tummy, hips, thighs, bust and more
- Finest Ingedients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated and beautiful hair and skin. We support sustainable production of Shea and Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil worldwide
- FORMULATED FOR STRETCH MARKS: Our scar cream promotes natural regeneration of collagen and elastin to improve stretch marks linked to pregnancy and bodybuilding. It's formulated to achieve maximum effectiveness when you use it with TriLASTIN Hydro-Thermal Accelerator serum.
- IDEAL FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Our hypoallergenic stretchmark lotion is gentle on the skin, paraben-free, and dermatologist approved.
- REJUVENATE YOUR SKIN: Our vitamin-rich stretch mark cream for women and men can be used on old and new scars.
- MAKES SKIN SOFTER & SMOOTHER - The Mommy Knows best pregnancy stretch mark cream helps tone and tighten the skin and belly, while also safely fading existing scars, dark marks and blemishes.
- PREGNANCY STRETCH MARKS CREAM - Our Mommy Knows best stretch mark cream for pregnancy body butter lotion is formulated with high quality essential oils essential for pregnancy stretch mark prevention.
- NATURALLY SOURCED PREGNANCY CREAM - The pregnancy belly cream harnesses the power of premium natural ingredients. Made from Vitamin-E, Jojoba Oil, Coco, Shea butter and other natural ingredients.
- ONLY STRETCH MARK CREAM ON THE MARKET SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR MEN. Carefully researched peptide chains will actually thicken and strengthen the weakest skin (at the depth) of the stretch mark…this in turn will reduce a stretch mark, or any acne scar. Regular use will also help prevent the formation of new stretch marks.
- SCIENTIFICALLY RESEARCHED: Signature Black Bottle stretch mark cream is the perfect solution for discerning men who want to keep their confidence high, despite any stretch marks they may have. The scar removal cream is made with scientifically researched ingredients and comes in discreet packaging, so you can be confident while you reduce the appearance of those stretch marks.
- NEW AND OLD SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS: For the man who wants to keep his appearance looking its best, we've created a stretch mark cream that not only helps reduce the appearance of new marks and scars, but also helps old ones fade away. Our Signature Black Bottle Scar Cream and Stretch Mark Cream is perfect for any man who wants to maintain his appearance - without any unsightly marks.
- REDUCE & PREVENT STRETCH MARKS: This luxurious body butter helps lighten and fade existing stretch marks, while improving skin’s elasticity to help prevent new ones; the perfect body lotion for pregnancy!
- ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE: Packed with vitamins and powerful nutrients to nourish dry skin and stimulate collagen production, the moisturizer deeply penetrates to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- SWEET CITRUS SCENT: Wholesome and natural Organic Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter and soothing Aloe hydrate and calm, while Vanilla and Orange Essential Oils leave skin with a fresh, gentle fragrance
Fighting stretch marks with lasers
With laser stretch mark removal, concentrated rays of light are directed at the stretch marks, stimulating new growth and smoothing the scars.
Laser treatments (also called skin resurfacing treatments), help your skin to heal and create a smoother texture. Laser treatments are slightly more successful on newer stretch marks.
There are currently two types of laser treatments: ablative and non-ablative.
CO2 and Erbium YAG are types of ablative lasers used for stretch marks treatment.
These lasers remove the outer layer of skin, leaving newer, smoother skin.
Laser treatments also trigger the production of collagen in your skin, which helps smooth out the raised scars of stretch marks.
CO2 is used for deeper scars while Erbium is for more surface stretch marks.
Fraxel laser is a non-ablative laser. It is a gentler laser that doesn’t remove the top layer of skin. Instead, it stimulates collagen and elastin production, promoting scars to heal and fade.
The Fraxel laser is an FDA-approved laser therapy designed for scars, acne marks, sun spots, leg veins, and stretch marks.
Fraxel laser is an FDA laser treatment that is a fractional laser, treating only a fraction of the skin at a time.
It works by making microscopic cuts in the skin, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, and stimulating new collagen production.
Fractional Co2 laser works best in treating the older white stretch mark scars.
This remarkable resurfacing laser works by heating the skin and smoothing out the skin and leaving behind new, fresh, skin cells.
Unfortunately, if you have darker skin, laser treatments are not recommended for the removal of stretch marks. Frequently, laser treatments on darker skin tones result in hyperpigmentation or dark spots on the skin.
Claudia Faucher is a full-time fitness training expert and lifestyle blogger. She is also been a certified Les Mills BodyPump instructor for the past 5 years and a fitness instructor for over 20 years. Claudia is a personal trainer and creates fitness training programs for seniors and people of all ages. She likes to use her skills and experiences to help others on their fitness journeys.
Last update on 2023-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API