How can I get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks! There can appear on any part of your body, but are most common on the neck, arms, backs, and yes, the butt. This article will discuss the causes of stretch marks and how to get rid of them once and for all.
So exactly what are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are the term used for a cosmetic or skin problem, where lines or streaks are present on the body on areas like the belly, thighs, buttocks, and upper arms.
Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin with a whitish hue that appears when your skin stretches or shrinks quickly.
Our bodies contain collagen, which is a protein underneath your skin that makes the skin more elastic.
The skin tries to heal any sudden change in the skin collagen, and as a result, stretch marks may appear on your skin.
Are stretch marks dangerous? Stretch marks appear as lines but are not painful or dangerous. Many people do not like the appearance, but they become less noticeable over time.
When stretch marks first appear, they tend to be pinkish in color, but later fade to off-white or grey color.
Who is at risk for stretch marks? Normally women are at a higher risk of getting stretch marks than men, but men too do get stretch marks. Teenagers get stretch marks as well when they enter puberty.
Body-builders are also at risk of having stretch marks, especially steroid users, since their bodies grow at a faster rate, thus stretching the skin.
Why do they appear?
While anyone can develop stretch marks, stretch marks appear primarily due to the following reasons:
- Being female
- Pregnancy (especially later in the pregnancy)
- Rapid excessive weight gain
- Rapid loss of weight
- Puberty (boys and girls)
- After breast enhancement surgery
- Certain diseases or conditions which impacts your skins elasticity
What can I do to keep from getting stretch marks?
While you may try to prevent stretch marks, but there is no guarantee.
The best way to prevent stretch marks is to maintain a healthy weight, even during pregnancy.
Developing a moderate exercise regime and a healthy diet plan is the best way to reduce your chances of getting stretch marks.
Researchers say many remedies such as almond oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, and vitamin E do not help to prevent stretch marks but can improve the condition.
Using products containing the Centella Asiatica herb and hyaluronic acid may help you prevent stretch marks, but not completely.
Do stretch marks go away if you lose weight?
While stretch marks are not harmful, they can make some people feel anxious about the way they make their skin appear, affecting the day-to-day living.
In some cases, stretch marks may disappear on their own after weight loss.
But if your stretch marks do not fade in time, there isn’t really anything you can do on your own to completely remove them.
Good news! Some treatments can help minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
How can I permanently get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks naturally?
Here are some popular home remedies for stretch marks to try:
- Argan oil
- Vitamin E enriched Argan oil increases the elasticity of your skin. Simply rubbing it on the stretch marks might heal the broken tissues allowing marks to gradually fade.
- Lemon juice
- Lemon juice is known for its natural bleaching properties, however also it helps reduce the visibility effectively. Use fresh lemon juice daily or just apply a sliced lemon wedge on your marks to see results.
- Olive oil
- Packed with rich moisturising properties, olive oil is full of antioxidants and other nutrients known to be exceptionally good for repairing skin damage. Simply rub cold-pressed olive oil on stretch marks to help them fade over time.
- Castor oil
- Massage castor oil directly on the stretch marks for 15-20 minutes. After massaging, cover with cloth and apply heat. For best results, do this as often as you can for a month.
Which cream is the best to remove stretch marks on buttocks?
Regardless of when or how you got stretch marks, just know they are 100 percent totally and completely normal. Beautiful skin comes in all varieties.
But whether you choose to get rid of your stretch marks or just ignore them is totally up to you.
If you decide that your stretch marks have to go, just understand that you can’t erase them.
A stretch mark is the result of the collagen and elastin under the skin cell layer, tearing under your skin. As a result, stretch marks are the scar left from the damage.
While there is no one way to permanently and completely get rid of stretch marks on the buttocks, but we have a variety of different treatments that may make them look better.
One of the cheapest possible remedies?
When it comes to fading existing ones, look for one of the three ingredients that have the most data on improving or reducing the appearance of stretch marks, such as retinol (which resurfaces and strengthens skin), silicone (great for smoothing stretch marks), and finally, hyaluronic acid (to plump stretch mark lines).
Here are some of the best selling creams for stretch marks:
- This product combines Elastonyl, Collaxyl with naturally-derived ingredients shea butter, rosehip seed oil, and coco butter to give truly outstanding results.
- A second key ingredient in The Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream is the peptide Collaxyl â€s (hexapeptide-9) which has been experimentally shown to benefit skin repair.
- Stretch marks are caused by the breakdown of the underlying collagen network caused by stretching of the skin. One of Elastonylâ€s * primary actions is to repair stretch marks by stimulating collagen production.
- Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream diminishes the appearance of stretch marks and scars which may occur on the abdomen, breasts, hips, buttock, and thighs.
- Premium Edition Stretch Mark & Scar Cream fades the appearance of existing stretch marks and scars or reduces the appearance of new ones. The product is paraben-free and does not contain any animal derived ingredients to meet the latest important consumer demands.
- M3 Naturals Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil will help moisturize, tighten, tone and remove cellulite from your hips, abdomen, thighs, and buttocks. Super absorption and natural active ingredients mean that you can toss those chemical creams that absorb slowly and leave a residue. It’s finally time for something thin, lightweight, yet supremely effective!*
- Infused with Collagen and Stem Cell our cellulite cream will restore your beautiful skin by providing a boost in natural collagen production and increasing skin cell longevity. A truly powerful combination delivering unmatched anti-aging skin care results.*
- Naturally Fight Cellulite with our potent and nutrient-rich cellulite treatment that uses grapefruit, grapeseed, eucalyptus, and lemon citrus essential oils to release fatty acids into the bloodstream where your body breaks them down to fight unwanted fat cells and cellulite. Helping regenerate those areas of interest!*
- Firm, Tighten and Tone your skin with rich antioxidants, fatty acids and anti-inflammatory ingredients, the natural essential oils included in this blend are sure to be quickly absorbed by your skin and give you strong tightening, moisturizing and regenerating benefits.*
- Made in the USA: M3 Naturals is proud to provide men and women beauty products with the highest quality natural ingredients that are not only cruelty-free but made right here in the United States of America. *
- CLINICALLY PROVEN ANTI STRETCH MARK REMOVAL AND SCAR CREAM - Unlike scar treatments and stretch mark remover products that claim to work, our formula has been clinically proven to help reduce the appearance and depth of stretch marks! 100% of participants saw a visible reduction in the appearance and strechmarks, age spots, scars, blotches, & skin discoloration.
- RETINOL FREE PREGNANCY STRETCH MARK CREAM - We reformulated our pregnancy cream to remove the retinol making it safe for your baby. It's no secret that retinol causes irritation and dryness to even the most tenacious of skins. This is why we formulated our body butter lotion with high quality essential oils and vitamins to revitalize the skin at the pore level.
- USE OUR ANTI STRETCH MARK CREAM FOR PREGNANCY daily for softer & smoother skin. We are rated one of the best cream for stretch marks because our stretch mark cream helps tone and tighten your skin and belly, while also safely fading existing scars, dark marks, and blemishes.
- STRETCH MARK CREAMS REMOVER ACTS AS A NATURAL REVITALIZING MOISTURIZING CREAM - Our Formula harnesses the power of premium ingredients to sink deep into your skin, leaving you with a smooth and supple feeling thanks to the vitamin E, Jojoba, Coco, Shea, and Mango butter and other proven natural and organic ingredients.
- ADVANCED STRETCH MARK REMOVAL CREAM THAT IS SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES & MADE IN THE US - We offer the best pregnancy stretch mark cream that is safe for use during and after postpartum pregnancy, but also works on oily, dry or combination skin if you aren't pregnant. Consider it the one true Stretch Mark Cream and Scar Treatment!
- REDUCE AND PREVENT STRETCH MARKS & SCARS: Our body butter helps to reduce and prevent the appearance of scars & stretch marks by firming and moisturizing your skin with a customized blend of high quality and natural ingredients. This lotion was formulated to deliver intense hydration and provide protection to help smooth rough skin & marks, and provide your skin with relief. This is the Vanilla and Orange scented version of our popular original blend.
- PACKED IN AN AMPLE 4 oz JAR: Just a little bit goes a long way with this creamy butter, but don't let the rich texture fool you, this creme spreads quickly and easily, absorbing in seconds! Massage this onto potential problem areas like your stomach or thighs, preferably twice a day: morning & night. Whether you're looking for a lotion to keep your skin looking smooth for prenatal / maternity care, or just living your life, our formula protects against rough skin, marks, and blemishes.
- POWERED WITH VITAMINS & ANTIOXIDANTS: Our body butter is powered by natural ingredients like Vitamins E, C, B3 + B5, as well as plant stem cells, seaweed, & rich oils. All of them work towards the same goal: tightening / lightening the appearance of dark spots and stretch marks while delivering maximum care & nutrients. With a delicate, light scent of vanilla and orange, pamper and protect your skin. Get happy about your skin now!
- CRUELTY FREE & SAFE: Our products are vigorously tested to ensure that they are safe and free from irritation for all skin types and hair types, but we would never test on animals - we love our furry (and scaly) friends & to show that, we are LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFIED! Our products use wholesome, all natural ingredients & gentle formulas designed for every skin type (sensitive, normal, oily) & hair color (blonde, brunette, redheads, etc) to give you only the best experience possible.
- 90-DAY MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE: We love our products and we hope you do too! All of our products are lovingly manufactured in the USA and if you ever have any questions or if you’re not satisfied with your purchase, just drop us a line and we’ll see what we can do to help you Get Happy with your skin - this product is also Vegan Friendly!
- VERSATILE USE- This Scar Cream Cream works for many types of scars. It’s an intensive solution for acne scars, surgery scars, stretch marks, C-section scars and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries for Men and Women.
- NATURAL & GENTLE FORMULA - The natural formula is your skin’s best friend. Formulated with premium ingredients to decrease irritation so you can confidently use the cream without any worries. The natural ingredients are key to boosting the healing and recovery of scars. With regular application.
- NOURISHES, STRENGTHENS, BRIGHTENS SKIN - Our special blend of nourishing and effective ingredients is suitable for all skin types including very sensitive skin, oily skin, dry skin, and combination skin types. Our scar repair cream enhances the skin’s elasticity for firmer and smoother skin while softening, soothing, and repairing skin.
- EASY-TO-USE: Massage gently once or twice daily. Easily soften scar tissue and reduce pain with our repair cream. To even better hasten the healing process, protect your scar from the sun.
- FASTEST SCAR REMOVAL RESULTS – Clinical studies show that new scars will go away in just 8 weeks and old scars will show results in 6-8 months. Remember that the age and severity of the scar will both impact the results shown, but all scars will show positive results!
- Massage Cream For Stretch Marks: This cocoa butter massage cream helps visibly improve your skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of stretch marks due to pregnancy or other fluctuations in weight
- Special Formula: Made with Cocoa and Shea Butters to soften, smooth and plump skin, plus a blend of ingredients to improve hydration and support stretching skin in the tummy, hips, thighs, bust and more
- Finest Ingedients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated and beautiful hair and skin. We support sustainable production of Shea and Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil worldwide
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real high-quality, plant-based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's Skin Care: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, sun care, hair care and pregnancy and stretch mark care
- PREGNANCY STRETCH MARK PREVENTION: Includes (1) 4 oz jar of Maternity Stretch Mark Cream that increases your skin's elasticity to prevent scarring and stretch marks as your body grows. Safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- HYPOALLERGENIC & PARABEN-FREE: Stretch Mark Prevention Cream is a non-greasy formula that locks in moisture and hydration, increases cell regeneration, and relieves itchy skin to suppress stretch marks in early pregnancy.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Nourishing blend of botanical oils, extracts and shea butter to help support your body before, during and after pregnancy. The blend hydrates and protects skin to maximize strength and elasticity.
- BEST USED WITH HYRDO-THERMAL ACCELERATOR: Combine with TriLASTIN Hydro-Thermal Accelerator to Speed up the transfer and absorption of active-ingredient formulas to assist with stretch mark prevention. Consult your Doctor before use.
- MADE IN THE USA - Brought to you by TriLASTIN, this effective stretch mark prevention cream is made in the USA by a team of award-winning scientists and crafted to reveal your true inner beauty.
Fighting stretch marks with lasers
With laser stretch mark removal, concentrated rays of light are directed at the stretch marks, stimulating new growth and smoothing the scars.
Laser treatments (also called skin resurfacing treatments), help your skin to heal and create a smoother texture. Laser treatments are slightly more successful on newer stretch marks.
There are currently two types of laser treatments: ablative and non-ablative.
CO2 and Erbium YAG are types of ablative lasers used for stretch marks treatment.
These lasers remove the outer layer of skin, leaving newer, smoother skin.
Laser treatments also trigger a production of collagen in your skin, which helps smooth out the raised scars of stretch marks.
CO2 is used for deeper scars while Erbium is for more surface stretch marks.
Fraxel laser is a non-ablative laser. It is a gentler laser that doesn’t remove the top layer of skin. Instead, it stimulates collagen and elastin production, promoting scars to heal and fade.
The Fraxel laser is an FDA-approved laser therapy designed for scars, acne marks, sun spots, leg veins, and stretch marks.
Fraxel laser is an FDA laser treatment that is a fractional laser, treating only a fraction of the skin at a time.
It works by making microscopic cuts in the skin, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, and stimulating new collagen production.
Fractional Co2 laser works best in treating the older white stretch mark scars.
This remarkable resurfacing laser works by heating the skin and smoothing out the skin and leaving behind new, fresh, skin cells.
Unfortunately, if you have darker skin, laser treatments are not recommended for the removal of stretch marks. Frequently, laser treatments on darker skin tones result in hyperpigmentation or dark spots on the skin.