Many women are interested in improving the appearance of their lips. From lip fillers, lip plumpers, to permanent lip tattoos, lips are definitely in today! And one of the fastest-growing new trends in the lip enhancement category is lip blushing. In this article, I will discuss everything you need to know about this interesting procedure as well as lip blushing healing process tips you won’t want to miss.
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a commission for a qualifying purchase.
What is lip blushing?
A quick search for “lip blushing near me” will show you just how popular this form of semi-permanent makeup has become. Lip blushing is an advanced process to cosmetically tattoo lips to enhance the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness. This lip treatment produces very natural results. As opposed to using lip filler which is great for creating volume in your lips, lip blush delivers a more natural look to give the illusion of fuller lips.
- 🔵 Cosmetic Grade. Our preservative film made from breathable PE material that is Food Grade, safe for the body, and also eco-friendly.
- 🔵 Ultra-thin, easy to tear, good toughness and professional design.
- 🔵 In-built rotating wheel mechanism and cutter in box for ease of use
- 🔵 The Precision Mini Cling Wrap is great for pre-operative numbing and post-operative PMU procedures like microblading, ombre brows, eyeliner and lip blush, brow lamination, lash lift.
- 🔵 Professional width. Dimensions: 40mm (W) x 400m (L)
- 🔵MULTIPLE TECHNIQUES: This skin is ideal for all lip PMU techniques including lip blush, lip liner, ombré lips and more!
- 🔵DOUBLE SIDED! Our latex skin is thick enough for double sided usage. Both sides have red dotted lip shapes .
- 🔵REALISTIC FEEL: These skins were expertly created using smooth, soft, high quality silicone material that looks like real skin as close as possible!
- 🔵PERFECT! They're perfect for practicing your depth and dealing with the elasticity of the skin.
- 🔵This product has 5 sets of pre-outlined dotted lips.
- 🔵 30 Pack of Lip Aftercare Instruction Cards
- 🔵 Double sided printing: FAQs / Tips / Post Treatment Instructions/ What to Expect Pictures
- 🔵 Size: 5.5x7" inches, 14pt matte card stock , 50% recycled content
- 🔵 Ideal for Microblading Artists and Permanent Makeup Artists, Salon use !
- 🔵 100% satisfaction guarantee
- PACKAGE QUANTITY - 2pcs 3D permanent makeup lip tattoo practice skin.100% brand new and high quality
- CONTOURING CONTROL - The rubber lips tattoo skin practice can get better contouring control and symmetry with the leather
- BEST SUPPLIES - 3D permanent makeup lip tattoo practice skin have extra space to practice lip design for tattoo supplies
- CONVENIENCE USE - Outline includes asymmetries for correction. Freestyle design and practice, the makeup lips tattoo fake skin can practice different tattoo techniques
- SOFT FEEL - This kind of soft tattoo skin practice can feel similiar as human skin.Ideal for beginners and experienced artists ,this permanent makeup lip tattoo practice skin is indispensable.
What you can expect when you get lip blushing
Even though lip blushing is a modern, more advanced form of lip tattooing, there are still needles involved.
So your session will start with a topical anesthetic is applied to pre-numb the lips for 20 minutes.
Shortly afterward, the technician will outline or draw the shape of the “new” lips so that you can review and make any changes you may feel you like.
Once you are happy with the shape, it is time to begin the actual tattooing.
The lip blushing procedure can take up to an hour to an hour and a half, and sometimes longer, based on the look you’re going for. Once the appointment is completed, your lips will be swollen, so you can ice them if necessary.
Over the following week, your lips will start to heal, meaning they will scab, so be sure to plan your schedule accordingly.
- 50 TOTAL CARDS printed premium cards front and back on a 2 x 3.5” inches card. 14 pt. matte card stock thickness!
- Lip blushing healing stages and aftercare instructions for your customers!
- Design is white with red lips including information about the stages of healing as well as the DOs and DON’Ts of lip blush aftercare.
- Do keep lips clean, dry, and moisturize as directed by the technician. Do use an ice pack for swelling. Avoid irritation from salty or spicy foods. Don’t touch, pick, or peel. Don’t exercise for 5 days. Don’t apply cosmetics, cleansers, or lotions.
- Our company has been designing and printing cards for 5+ years with incredible feedback! We LOVE to see how you add our cards to your business. Please submit pics to us in your feedback!
Important Lip Blushing Healing Process Tips
- During the first 24 hours, it is advised to gently blot your lips with a wet cotton pad or sterile cloth and let them air dry. This is recommended to keep the lips clean and remove any fluids that may result and minimize the formation of scabs.
- When it comes to healing and lip scabs, it’s important that you let scabs fall off naturally. Picking scabs can result in scarring as well as the loss of pigment in those areas. Additionally, it is suggested to avoid strenuous workouts and direct sun exposure for two weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face as this could also cause the scabs to fall off prematurely.
- Keeping lips moisturized is essential. Aquaphor is one of the most recommended products to keep the lips properly moisturized.
- Your lip color will be very vibrant immediately after the lip blushing process. But this is not how they will stay. After the lip blushing healing process has ended, you can expect your lip color to fade approximately 25-50 percent, blending in perfectly with your natural lip color.
- Expect your scabs to last five to seven days. Finally, it will take up to 4 weeks for your lips to be fully healed. In some instances, a touch-up appointment around 6-8 weeks may be considered to tweak the shape of the lip blush, or to fill in areas that may require additional pigment.