Learn everything you need to know about lip blushing as well as lip blushing healing process tips you won’t want to miss. Improve the appearance of your lips. From lip blush healing stages, lip fillers, lip plumpers, to permanent lip tattoos, I’ve included everything you need to know!
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a commission for a qualifying purchase.
What is lip blushing?
A quick search for “lip blushing near me” will show you just how popular this form of semi-permanent makeup has become.
One of the fastest-growing new trends in the lip enhancement category is lip blushing.
Lip blushing is an advanced process to cosmetically tattoo lips to enhance the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness.
Melixir Vegan Lip Butter, Vegan Lip Balm for Dry, Cracked Lips
#1 BEST SELLER!
Perfect for post Lip Blushing Healing Process
Melixir- $9.95 – Shop this look
- 🌿 VEGAN LIP BUTTER: A deep, nourishing plant-based lip butter with a creamy texture. Just one swipe of this conditioning, non-sticky lip balm gives your lips a lasting feeling of moisture and natural glow. Good for sensitive lips.
- 🌿 AGAVE = SACRED PLANT WITH SKIN REVITALIZING POWER: We sensitively selected agave instead of petroleum jelly as the main ingredient, as lip products may be eaten unconsciously and repeatedly. This unique little plant has adapted itself brilliantly to survive the harsh Mexican desert by storing water in its cells.
This lip treatment produces very natural results. As opposed to using lip filler which is great for creating volume in your lips, lip blush delivers a more natural look to give the illusion of fuller lips.
>>Read also… So what exactly is lipstick made of?
Lip tattoo is a professional technique that includes using tiny tattoo needles to inject color pigments into your lips. This might be in the form of a lip tattoo or permanent makeup as part of a cosmetic process known as cosmetic tattooing.
Lips Peeling After Lip Tattoo
This is natural, as you go through the lip blush healing stages. Only a thin layer (not a scab) will emerge if your lips are maintained clean and moisturized.
Around day 3, the coating will begin to peel away on its own and may not exfoliate uniformly. As the flakes begin to fall away, your lips may feel tight, cracked, chapped, and irritating.
See also… Why do my lips keep peeling?
How long do lip tattoos last?
Lip tattoos usually last around two years without needing to be touched up. There are occasions when the lip tattoo fades after a year and others where the tattoo lasts for up to five years. It all varies between individuals and depends on a variety of circumstances.
Permanent lip color
Lip blushing is a semipermanent cosmetic tattoo treatment where ink pigments are deposited in your lips using tiny needles. While lip tattooing is another name for it, this is more of a cosmetic improvement than traditional tattooing.
Before and after lip blush tattoo colors
- ✔️ MULTIPLE TECHNIQUES: This skin is ideal for all lip PMU techniques including lip blush, lip liner, ombré lips and more!
- ✔️ DOUBLE SIDED! Our latex skin is thick enough for double sided usage. Both sides have red dotted lip shapes .
- ✔️ REALISTIC FEEL: These skins were expertly created using smooth, soft, high quality silicone material that looks like real skin as close as possible!
- ✔️ SAFE & NON-TOXIC: In order to make our preservative film, as non-toxic, harmless, and as safe for the body as possible, we use only the food-grade, eco-friendly, and breathable PE material that is ultra-thin, easy to tear but durable enough to help keep surfaces clean, hygienic and protected
- ✔️ SUPER EASY TO USE: Featuring a rotating wheel mechanism, the film comes carefully packaged in a box along with a cutter that allows you to cut it precisely and conveniently without experiencing hassles such as tearing, ripping, or crinkling
- ✔️ VERSATILE USAGE: Skillfully designed to meet the specific needs of various professionals, our roll of mini cling film wrap is highly suitable for PMU Procedures, Brow Lamination, Tattoo, embroidered eyebrow, pattern eye lines, a small tattoo and can be used as a preservation film for tattoo or as a preoperative film
- MICROBLADING PIGMENT - New Sweet Lip Set by Perma Blend
- PREMIUM PIGMENTS - Perma Blend Cosmetic Inks are made to perform. They set the most perfect standard for cosmetic tattoo inks for flawless makeup art that won't leave you disappointed.
- 100% CERTIFIED VEGAN - We are proud to say that all our makeup inks are 100% certified vegan and we never test on animals. Safety, quality, and simplicity, that’s how we create our cosmetic pigments.
- 🔵 30 Pack of Lip Aftercare Instruction Cards
- 🔵 Double sided printing: FAQs / Tips / Post Treatment Instructions/ What to Expect Pictures
- 🔵 Size: 5.5x7" inches, 14pt matte card stock , 50% recycled content
What you can expect when you get lip blushing
Even though lip blushing is a modern, more advanced form of lip tattooing, there are still needles involved.
So your session will start with a topical anesthetic is applied to pre-numb the lips for 20 minutes.
Shortly afterward, the technician will outline or draw the shape of the “new” lips so that you can review and make any changes you may feel you like.
Once you are happy with the shape, it is time to begin the actual tattooing.
The lip blushing procedure can take up to an hour to an hour and a half, and sometimes longer, based on the look you’re going for. Once the appointment is completed, your lips will be swollen, so you can ice them if necessary. This is the first step of the lip blush healing stages.
How do you take care of your lips after blushing?
Over the following week, your lips will start to heal, meaning they will scab, so be sure to plan your schedule accordingly.
- 50 TOTAL CARDS printed premium cards front and back on a 2 x 3.5” inches card. 14 pt. matte card stock thickness!
- Lip blushing healing stages and aftercare instructions for your customers!
- Design is white with red lips including information about the stages of healing as well as the DOs and DON’Ts of lip blush aftercare.
Lipstick stain that peels off
Unlike your traditional lip stain, which you apply pretty much the same way you would a lip balm or lipstick, the lipstick stain sits on your pout for 10 minutes before peeling off to reveal a tattoo-like color beneath.
Immediately following the blushing procedure, it is normal for lips to feel dry, chapped, tight, and tender to the touch. They may also appear swollen and bright in color. It is the first stage of the lip blush healing stages.
For 4 hours after treatment, apply light pressure on lips with a clean paper towel, to remove any lymph. After 4 hours, start applying ointment (Aquaphor) as needed to keep lips constantly moist
Lip neutralization is a specialized treatment series for people with cool or dark lips in which we neutralize the darkness in the lips to reach the desired color. It helps the lips to appear more defined and fuller, without surgery or fillers.
Here is a great video that shows the lip neutralization process in action.
Important Lip Blushing Healing Process Tips
Tattoo peeling stages
After the treatment, you will experience some short-term side effects like swelling and tenderness, and your lips will start a peeling cycle that will last about 10 days.
Here’s a detailed overview of what you can expect.
Gently blot your lips with a wet cotton pad
During the first 24 hours, it is advised to gently blot your lips with a wet cotton pad or sterile cloth and let them air dry. This is recommended to keep the lips clean and remove any fluids that may result and minimize the formation of scabs.
Let scabs fall off naturally
When it comes to healing and lip scabs, it’s important that you let scabs fall off naturally. Picking scabs can result in scarring as well as the loss of pigment in those areas. Additionally, it is suggested to avoid strenuous workouts and direct sun exposure for two weeks.
Avoid sleeping on your face
Avoid sleeping on your face as this could also cause the scabs to fall off prematurely.
Keep lips moisturized is important
Keeping lips moisturized is essential. Aquaphor is one of the most recommended products to keep the lips properly moisturized.
Your lip color will be very vibrant immediately after the lip blushing process. But this is not how they will stay. After the lip blushing healing process has ended, you can expect your lip color to fade approximately 25-50 percent, blending in perfectly with your natural lip color.
Expect your scabs to last five to seven days. Finally, it will take up to 4 weeks for your lips to be fully healed. In some instances, a touch-up appointment around 6-8 weeks may be considered to tweak the shape of the lip blush or to fill in areas that may require additional pigment.
How long after lip blush can I kiss?
While recovering from your lip blushing procedure, you must refrain from smoking (10 days minimum). This also includes no kissing, massaging, or rubbing your newly tattooed lips for more than 10 days, or you risk losing color.
Can I shower after lip blush?
During the first seven days, avoid water as much as possible on the newly pigmented areas. (Use ointment on the pigmented region to protect lips from water when bathing, washing face, etc.) When showering, avoid standing in front of the showerhead. For at least five days, avoid facials, swimming, and hot tubs.
If you enjoyed Lip Blushing Healing Process Tips, you may be interested in our recent articles below:
Last update on 2022-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API