So you’ve made the decision to whiten your teeth using whitening strips—Crest Whitestrips to be exact. Great choice! Avoid messy trays or gels. Start to see professional results in 3 days. In this post I will share how to use whitening strips correctly and get the brightest smile possible.
How to use whitening strips and the way to apply them
To apply, simply remove the whitening strip from its liner and place the gel side to your teeth, aligned with your gum line. Press against your teeth for best contact and fold the remainder of the strip behind your teeth.
Can I Brush My Teeth Before or After Using Whitestrips?
To avoid the potential for irritated gums, do not brush immediately before applying strips. Allow for some time to pass after you have brushed your teeth to apply strips.
Yes, after using Whitestrips, you can brush gently.
Can you use whitening strips with braces?
Strips are difficult to apply with braces. Whitening agents can cause tooth and gum sensitivity, especially when just getting starting with the tooth whitening process.
Are Crest 3D White Whitestrips Harmful to Teeth or Can They Damage the Enamel?
Not only are the Crest 3D Whitestrips the most popular home teeth whitening product on the market, they are also the safest.
This product is formulated to be safe and effective when used as directed. They contain the same whitening ingredient as the professional products dentists use to whiten teeth.
Gum Irritation and Sensitive Teeth from WhiteStrips
As with any teeth whitening system that contains peroxide, teeth/gum sensitivity may temporarily develop when using Crest 3D White Whitestrips.
You may experience tooth sensitivity or gum discomfort when using this or other whitening products. If significant tooth sensitivity or gum discomfort develops, try using the strips every other day. If the problem persists, discontinue use.
If you have sensitivity concerns, we recommend you try Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine for teeth sensitive to whitening.
How old do you have to be to use whitening strips?
This product is not recommend for anyone under the age of 18.
What are the most popular Crest 3D White Whitening Strips?
- Crest’s best and fastest whitening technology at home
- A lightweight, disposable, water resistant, handheld device that weakens stains
- When used as directed, Crest Whitestrips with Light whiten dramatically better than strips alone
- Whitening results last up to 36 months. Apply light to upper and lower teeth until it turns off automatically. Full results in 10 days
- 1 Light and 10 teeth whitening strip treatments, each with 1 upper and 1 lower strip. Apply once a day for 60 minutes
- Lasts 12 months and beyond
- Use once a day for 30 minutes
- Removes 14 years of teeth stains for a whiter smile. Do not use this light device if you have oral cancer, are being treated with photodynamic
- Delivers professional-level teeth whitening results
- Advanced Seal Technology’s no slip grip stays put so you can talk and drink water while whitening teeth
- Includes three 4.1 oz tubes of Crest 3D Arctic fresh whitening toothpaste
- Removes up to 80% of surface stains
- Cleans in hard to reach areas
- Prevents future stains
- Strengthens enamel
How to use whitening strips
Teeth Whitening Instructions: Get the Best Results
Most whitening strips are very easy to use and great for noticeably whiter teeth, which means the teeth whitening instructions should be fairly simple. Here are some specific items you should look for when reading teeth whitening instructions:
- Placing the Strips: Most teeth whitening instructions will tell you to not brush your teeth just before applying the strip. This will help them adhere to your teeth better. To apply, simply remove the whitening strip from its liner and place the gel side to your teeth, aligned with your gum line. Press against your teeth for best contact and fold the remainder of the strip behind your teeth.
- Number of Daily Applications: Be sure to take note of how many times a day you should wear the strips. This will vary by product and should be clearly stated in the teeth whitening instructions—some require one application, while others are meant to be worn twice a day.
- Time Per Application: How long should you wear the strips per application? This is likely to range from 5 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on the strength of the product. Read your teeth whitening instructions closely and follow the directions for best results.
- Length of Regimen: How many days should you use the strips? Some whitening regimens last a week, while others last up to a month.
source – http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/teeth-whitening-safety
What are the ingredients in Crest White Whitestrips?
|Water||Prevents carbomer from dehydrating the teeth.|
|Glycerin||Humectant, acts to thicken gel, helps make gel sticky so it will adhere to teeth.|
|Hydrogen Peroxide||Whitening Ingredient|
|Carbomer||Gel agent, gives adhesion properties to gel|
|Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)||Adhesive polymer|
|PEG||Humectant, acts to thicken gel, helps make gel sticky so it will adhere to teeth.|
|Acrylates Copolymer||Thickening polymer. Helps keep the strip in one piece during use.|
|Sodium Hydroxide*||Adjusts pH to neutral|
|Sodium Saccharin*||Better taste|
|Pyrophosphate*||Protects against tartar in Crest 3D White Whitestrips Stain Shield only|
source – https://crest.com/en-us/oral-care-tips/faqs/toothpaste
What happens if I swallow the strip or some of the gel from the strip?
No adverse effects will result from ingesting the peroxide gel. It will simply pass through your system without causing any damage. However, swallowing large amounts of peroxide can cause nausea and stomach irritation.
Crest 3D White Whitestrips are thin, flexible strips that are coated with a tooth whitening gel containing peroxide. Designed to conform to the shape of your teeth, they work by keeping the whitening gel in place against your teeth to get at stain build-up on and below the tooth’s surface.
You may also be intesterested in
- Do you brush your teeth after using teeth whitening strips?
- Best liquid botox face cream products you can buy today
- Best eyebrow pencils for no eyebrows
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for a qualifying purchase. For more information, see our affiliate disclaimer.