If you’re shopping for the best rowing machines for seniors, you’ve come to the right place!
“Is rowing good for seniors?” “Is rowing good for over 50?” “Is rowing good for over 60?”
So, you want to know if using a rowing machine is good for you?
Not only is using an indoor rowing machine good for you, but it’s also GREAT for:
- Improving bone density
- One of the best low impact exercises you can do
- Gives you a total body workout
- Helps you maintain great posture
- Increases your stamina
- Strengthens muscles
- Super easy for people of all fitness ranges to get started with
- Burns 300 calories in 30 minutes Calories burned in 30 minutes for people of three different weights. Published 2021 March 8. Article retrieved on 2022 April 20 from … Continue reading
Now that we’ve established rowing is super awesome for maintaining fitness levels as we age, let me share some of the best rowing machines for the home you’ll really like!
As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) on qualifying purchases which allows me to keep creating amazing free content for you. Support FitFab50 by using the links in my articles to shop. Thank you!
When it comes to buying rowing machines, you can spend a little and you can spend a lot.
Since I was in the market for one a few months ago, I am able to share my research on the top 5 indoor machines I found.
How I decided on the best rowing machine to buy
When shopping for a product it’s nice to see all the options available, but also you don’t want to spend an eternity figuring out which one is the best.
My first step was to research the highest-priced indoor rowing machines as well as the lowest. I wanted to see what the features were offered on the top-line models. In addition, I wanted to understand why other rowing equipment was so cheap…sorry, affordable.
Here is what I found.
Higher-priced rowing machines have:
- Higher weight capacity
- Aluminum construction vs steel
- Air resistance mechanism vs magnetic or water
- Excellent fit and finish
- Secure feel, less wobble while exercising
- Considerably quieter when using versus cheaper models
- A wider range of replacement parts
- Better workout programs and displays
- Superior data capture and exporting detailed workout results
- More accessories
- More supporting documents and information about using the product
- Meaningful warranty protections
While you definitely cannot shop based on price alone as the determining factor, my findings did highlight the differences between price ranges.
There are several cheap indoor rowing machines that offer great value considering the quality of construction and overall performance. When it comes to budget-friendly rowing machines, the Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower with LCD Monitor is my favorite in this category.
For starters, it is very easy to assemble. The instructions are simple to follow and assembly was relatively quick. It has a small footprint while in use and is easy to stow away after your workout.
The display is easy to read, and there were plenty of adjustments to personal comfort and fit.
While the Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rower gets my vote as a solid affordable option, it is a bit louder when you’re using it compared to the top-tier models. This comes as no surprise and does not diminish it as quality exercise equipment, but it should be noted.
When it came to decision time on the best rowing machines for seniors, the Concept 2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 was a clear choice.
“I bought Concept 2 Model E on Amazon so I could get the fast shipping and excellent return policy. The price will likely change over time, so click this link to check the current price on Amazon.”
Reasons why I choose the Concept 2 Model E, over many other brands, even the Concept 2 Model D.
Pros – Concept 2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
- Concept 2 Model D&E are professional grade rowing machines used by professional and collegiate athletes around the world
- 500-pound capacity
- Model E offers a 6″ higher seat vs Model D. For older athletes, this small increase in seat height is noticeable
- Great engineering
- Assembly was straightforward, even for non-engineers like myself
- The display monitor draws power from the flywheel, reducing frequent battery replacements
- It tracks distance, speed, pace, calories, and watts
- Separates into two pieces for quick, easy storage.
If you enjoyed, “Best Rowing Machines for Seniors”, be sure to check out my other related posts below!
Last update on 2022-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
|↑1||Calories burned in 30 minutes for people of three different weights. Published 2021 March 8. Article retrieved on 2022 April 20 from https://www.health.harvard.edu/diet-and-weight-loss/calories-burned-in-30-minutes-for-people-of-three-different-weights|